1927 Larrupin Lou's Ball Cap
My interpretation of the 1927 Barnstorming Tour Larrupin Lou's ball cap. All single needle sewn on pre-1940's machines, this classic 8 panel crown cap is finished in soft US milled wool flannel, stitched eyelets, an Australian leather sweatband, horse hair cloth lined internal front panels, and sporting a soft stitched brim consistent with caps from that era.
This cap is fitted like the ones back in the day, so please check your size before you purchase.
This cap features:
- Black wool flannel / off white wool flannel brim and green twill underside brim
- hand cut merino felted wool 'LL' logo
- stitched, soft brim
- Reece 101 stitched eyelets
- Australian leather sweatband
- oversized top button
- all made using pre WW2 Singer Industrial sewing machines
The leather sweatband will shape and form to your head shape over time. The fabric will also shrink if wet, however I do not recommend washing as water may damage the leather sweatband.
Please understand that these are handmade by one person from start to finish and small differences in construction are to be celebrated.