1965 Houston Astros Inspired Ball Cap
My interpretation of the 1965 Houston Astros ball cap. All single needle sewn on pre-1940's machines, this classic 6 panel crown cap is finished in navy wool flannel, hand cut and sewn 1965 logo in wool felt, stitched eyelets, a cotton twill sweatband, horse hair cloth lined internal front panels, and sporting a firm 1950's deadstock stitched brim insert consistent with caps from that era.
This cap is fitted like the ones back in the day, so please check your size before you purchase.
This cap features:
- Navy wool flannel / green cotton underside brim
- hand cut 1965 Astros logo in wool felt
- stitched, firm 50's Deadstock brim insert
- Reece 101 stitched eyelets
- Cottn twill sweatband with chainstitch embroidered 'Astros '65''
- oversized top button
- all made using pre-WW2 Singer Industrial sewing machines
The cap will shape and form to your head shape over time. The fabric will also shrink if wet.
Please understand that these are handmade by one person from start to finish and small differences in construction are to be celebrated.