Field cap - Indigo Sashiko Dobby canvas
The Field Cap silhouette was inspired by US Army caps used throughout WWII. The brim has been traced from an original pattern as has the crown shape.
These caps are fitted like the ones back in the day, so please check your size before you purchase.
- Japanese Indigo-dyed Sashiko Dobby Cotton
- Mid sized, semi-soft brim modeled off WWII Issued US Army N3 cap
- All seams lined with HBT cotton tape
- Australian Vietnam war era HBT olive sweatband
- Made on pre-1940's Singer Industrial sewing machines
Fabric will shrink about 1cm in size if washed, and can be stretched out with a cold water soak. If you are wishing to shrink your cap then we suggest soaking them in water for 20min, then rinse out excess water; wear it on for a few minutes when wet to adjust to your head size.
Please understand that these are handmade by one person from start to finish and small differences in construction are to be celebrated.