1937 Brooklyn dodgers Inspired ball cap
My interpretation of the 1937 Brooklyn Dodgers ball cap. This was the only year the team wore green, instead of their Dodgers blue. All single needle sewn on pre-1940's machines, this classic 6 panel crown cap is finished in soft US milled wool flannel, stitched eyelets, a cotton twill sweatband, horse hair cloth lined internal front panels, and sporting a soft stitched brim consistent with caps from that era.
This cap is fitted like the ones back in the day, so please check your size before you purchase.
This cap features:
- Kelly Green US milled wool flannel / green cotton underside brim
- hand cut merino felted wool 'B' logo
- stitched, soft brim
- Reece 101 stitched eyelets
- Cottn twill sweatband with chainstitch embroidered 'B.D '37'
- oversized top button
- all made using pre WW2 Singer Industrial sewing machines
The leather sweatband will shape and form to your head shape over time. The fabric will also shrink if wet, however I do not recommend washing as water may damage the leather sweatband.
Please understand that these are handmade by one person from start to finish and small differences in construction are to be celebrated.