1950's Style Merlo Country Club Ball cap
This is a 1950-1960's style ball cap, made for Merlo Country Club. All single needle sewn on pre-1940's machines and finished in soft US milled wool flannel, chainstitch embroidered logo, brass eyelets, an Australian leather sweatband, horse hair cloth lined internal front panels, and sporting a stitched 1950's deadstock brim consistent with caps from that era.
This cap is fitted like the ones back in the day, so please check your size before you purchase.
This caps features:
- Deep Navy US milled wool flannel with contrast antiglare green underside brim
- Burnt orange and white chainstitch embroidered 'merlo country club' logo across front two panels
- 1950's deadstock brim insert
- White enamel coated brass eyelets
- Australian leather sweatband
- oversized top button
- Horse hair cloth lining internal front panels
- all made using pre WW2 Singer Industrial sewing machines
The leather sweatband will shape and form to your head shape over time. The fabric will also shrink if wet, however I do not recommend washing as water may damage the leather sweatband.
Please understand that these are handmade by one person from start to finish and small differences in construction are to be celebrated.